Outline of the Run is below:
- The run starts at the Cardiff pond in the north woods, just off Gwaun Helig road Ebbw Vale,
- Continue to run down from the pond on to the bottom of Gwaun Helig road,
- Turn left running past the cemetery entrance,
- Run to the roundabout,
- Cross the drop kerbs to run down past the fire station,
- The 1k marker is just below the social services offices,
- Run on down past the new mural on to the crescent after passing Jeff Rees gym,
- Run through the pedestrian tunnel and down the path towards the learning zone (School & College)
- You will find the 2k green marker just before the dog bin opposite the new building site,
- Proceed to Central Valley managed by Gwent Wildlife,
- The entrance to it is at the back of Ebbw Vale town station,
- Running on down to the 3 k marker(opposite the so called elephant),
- Run to the bottom of the valley round the pond and on the way back up you will find the 4 k marker,
- Hang a left after this and it will take you back up the tarmac path to a T junction,
- Turn right running on past the top pond on to Lime Tree avenue,
- Go left on to Festival drive and bingo there is the green 5k marker just before the DHL depot.
- Here endeth the green run!
All the larch markers are from Sirhowy Hill woodlands situated between Ebbw Vale and Tredegar and have been felled, debarked, inscribed and installed by our team of local volunteers. We have also installed the red run and the yellow run which will appear in the next news item.
We have lots of other things going on as well. Please message or email Susy if you have availability and are interested in volunteering with us at email@example.com.