Start , 1K, 2K – the first 3 markers for the green 5K run starting at the Cardy Pond were installed today by Dave, Susy, Aaron and new volunteer Craig.
Outline of the Run is below:
- Starting at the Cardiff pond this first 5K run goes down from the pond to the main road,
- Turn left there,
- Stay on the left go past the cemetery entrance up to the roundabout,
- Cross the drop kerbs till you find yourself passing opposite the fire station,
- Run down to the 1K marker below the social service offices,
- Run down past the mural,
- Run down the drop kerbs of Libanus Road,
- Then run down past Jeff Rees gym heading towards the crescent,
- Run through the pedestrian tunnel down the second path to the left to the roundabout,
- Then run towards the learning centre
- You will pass the 2K marker before the dog bin (tight against the fence)
Please see our Green Run route here.
Then we will start the red run, then there will be the yellow run; we will keep you posted on the updates.
Hopefully one day soon we can have a socially distancing fun run!
It was grim to see that the information board at the Cardiff pond had completely disappeared! If any one has any info about who ripped it out, it was post creted in, you can message us or email email@example.com. We will not disclose your identity
All the larch markers are from Sirhowy Hill woodlands situated between Ebbw Vale and Tredegar and have been felled, debarked, inscribed and installed by our team of local volunteers. We have also installed the red run and the yellow run which will appear in the next news item.
We have lots of other things going on as well. Please message or email Susy if you have availability and are interested in volunteering with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.